LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL.
ROLLERMIX is the ideal client to have for a start-up stage digital agency, the business is fairly small so allows the freedom to experiment (proposing creative ideas rather than corporate) and the industry it is built upon (LEISURE) is generally fun and exciting to work with. The client also makes use of the vast range of services available which benefits both parties – from cloud based services to graphic design and print, here are a few of things that were contributed:
Provided services, with love.
We’re basing this data on the number of clicks generated in the past twelve months (according to Google).
This calculation is based on the total reach of organic traffic, this doesn’t include advertising or social media influence.
The demographic challenge – not only would the business be targeting both genders, it would also be targeting both young audiences and older audiences. The businesses objective is to portray a professional image to create a sense of security for the adults (the organisers of events) while also creating an exciting campaign to generate interest of children (the participators of the activity).
Two colours, one brand.
VIVID CERULEAN HEX COLOR: #03A9F4; RGB: (3,169,244) CMYK: (98,30,0,4)
WHITE HEX COLOR: #FFFFFF; RGB: (255,255,255) CMYK: (0,0,0,0)
RAZZMATAZZ HEX COLOR: #E91E63; RGB: (233,30,99) CMYK: (0,87,57,8)
This logo concept is the second edition of the family, but first version of its kind. The original concept (2017) was mostly based on the disco element of the business rather than referencing the roller skating experience, the new and improved logo (2019) consists of a 2D roller skate wheel that unites the businesses main selling point (ROLLER DISCO) with the brand and trade name.
Two typefaces are used for the branding of the logo and are also featured across marketing campaigns and the website. I hand picked two fonts that I felt accurately described the project – these had to be fun and quirky to attract the younger audiences, with an emphasis on the disco scene to advertise the selling point. A more sublime third font is used for readability since the two main typefaces are quite graphic.
Photography & Videography
The are a few benefits of attending client events (even if they’re unpaid), plus it is never a bad idea to build a better relationship with the businesses that are investing in your own business.
- Collecting photographic content allows the agency to migrate away from stock imagery and provide original content for the website, social media profiles or branding.
- Providing photography/videography as a service would give the attendees an initiative to (re)visit the website or social profiles (organic traffic).
- Networking is crucial in the creative industry, you never know who could be attending one of these events.
The incentive to progress.
Software is used to determine which competitors are of interest to the clients business and are graded in comparison using a keyword algorithm. ROLLERMIX has a current visibility score of 27, let’s compare that with similarly graded businesses on the internet.
RAZZA ROLLER DISCO (VS:32)
- Professional WordPress build with considerable amount of content.
- High quality logo with professional illustrations.
- Consistent branding & design across the website and branding.
- Excellent use of Videography and Photography on both website and social media profiles.
- Website is insecure. (SSL)
- Website is WordPress built with reasonable amount of content.
- Great use of Photography on the website.
- Consistent branding & design.
- Branding is fairly basic and minimalistic.
- Website seems outdated and lacks creativity.
- No social media profiles found on the website.
- “Stop” is a word of inaction, which contradicts the activity.
Overall, the business is steadily growing and the client seems happy with the services that are available. There are a few things that are planned to be implemented or pitched to the client through-out the year which means the business will be recurring and profitable.